Hey guys! The week is almost over yay! Hope everyone had a good and productive one. I wanted to continue from my last post highlighting the Abaco Beach Resort. My trip was so fantastic, I wanted to share my 5 fave moments… in no particular order of course.
1) Star Fishing – our host Michael was determined to show us that star fishes were around and would not give up! We must have searched for about half an hour before spotting one, Michael jumped out of the boat and chased it down lol I got this amazing shot! A few minutes later star fishes were everywhere. Uber cool!
2) Okay, I have to confess I am scared of heights! But that didn’t stop me from climbing the Elbow Reef lighthouse in Hope Town. The lighthouse still uses kerosene (childhood flash back). I am so glad I faced my fears and made the climb.
3) Have I told you how much I love food? Unfortunately, food does not love me, I feel like if I look at dessert I gain five pounds! Any-who, I must share this heavenly seafood platter we had at Angler’s Restaurant at Abaco Beach Resort. Shrimp and rock crab I couldn’t wait to dig in and it was….DELICIOUS!
4) Bird watching – South Abaco is home to some of the rarest birds among the birding community, world wide. “ The Abaco Parrot.” Among other beautiful species in the country, is a ground nesting bird that lives a very social life and can be seen, almost exclusively, in the Pine Forest in South Abaco. Our tour guide Ricky was amazing, so enthusiastic and knowledgeable.
5) Lastly, my fav mode around of transportation? Golf carts! We rode around in these in Hope Town, everyone has one…love it!